It’s Johny’s birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make him a birthday cake to take into work. Mum suggested that I call my youngest sister Sara for her Oreo Cheese Cake recipe.
Sara SMS’s me the recipe because its wasn’t written down, its just something she made up. Therefore, I decided that this blog would be dedicated to Sara’s marvellous No Bake Frozen Oreo Cheese Cake.
- 2 packets of oreos
- 50g of softened butter
- small container of cream
- tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 block of Philly cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- block of white chocolate
- Get out a round, quick release cake tin approx 20cm
- line with baking paper
- process the oreos and the butter in the processor until all the oreo chunks have gone
- press this mix into the bottom of the tin so that its compact and even, place in the freezer
- whip the cream and the vanilla essence in a bowl until thick
- beat the Philly cream cheese and icing sugar in another bowl until combined
- mix the cream and vanilla into the Philly cream mix
- crush the white chocolate bar into little pieces and mix into the cream and Philly cheese mix
- take the frozen base out of the freezer, pour the cream mix onto the base and smooth with the back of the spoon until flat and even
- put the cake back in the freezer and freeze for at least 5 hours, overnight if possible
- take out of the freezer about 1/2 hour before you eat
- use low fat Philly cheese, it tastes just as good
- get an extra pack of oreos, process and add to the cream mix when adding the white chocolate chunks
- I found that the above recipe makes quite a small cake so if you want something that sits higher then double the amounts of cream, vanilla, philly cheese and icing sugar.