I love to cook and camp, I feel like they go hand in hand. When I camp I want to eat good, healthy and convenient meals and this one ticks all the boxes.
1 x chicken breast sliced
4-5 mushrooms finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
Teaspoon of oil or butter
300ml of light thickened cream
90 second rice
Veggies to serve
Salt & Pepper to Taste
What to do:
- Heat pan and add oil or butter, onion and the mushrooms – cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Scoop this mix into a bowl.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly brown and add back the mushroom mix and half the tub of cream. Let this reduce for 5 mins
- In the meantime add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water to a saucepan and add the 90sec rice. Stir until heated through
- Add salt and pepper to the sauce.
- Put rice on a plate and serve with the sauce on top and the veg on the side.
Note: I had asparagus which I cooked in some hot water as the chicken was cooking. I then used that already boiled water for the rice.