Name: Cape York Camping Punsand Bay
Address: Lot 11 Punsand Bay via Bamaga QLD 4876
Contact Details: (07) 4069 1722
Background: After a long and tough journey to the Tip of Australia, we decided to stay at Punsand as it seemed to be a popular campground as per the conversations we’d had with fellow travellers on the way. The service was amazing, there was a bar and restaurant with wood fired pizza ovens and the views from our beachfront campground were amazing!
Cost: $15/pp for unpowered site
- Kitchen / Cooking areas – not really, be prepared to cook at your tent
- Toilets – yes, not many, but they were clean
- Showers – yes, not many, but they were clean
- Good lighting – not so much
- Laundry – unknown
- Fitness & Leisure Facilities – there was a pool
- Security – You’re pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Standard precautions should be taken.
- Pets Allowed – unsure, ring and ask
- Fires – yes
- Noise Levels – fine
Will We Return: absolutely! We will even consider coming back next year to work here next dry season.
Pingback: Where are we now? | a girl, a 4wd & a trailer