I have a confession to make…. I hate running.
I love the idea of running, the dream of running, preparing to start running; it’s just the act itself that I have an aversion to.
“So why bother?” I hear you say. Well, it ties into my plan to stay fit while travelling around Australia.
Just imagine a long, white, sandy stretch of beach, no people around, the sun barely risen, the water is calm and there I am running along it. Ipod on, hot little running shorts and I’m leaving a trail of running prints along to the smooth sand, not a care in the world.
Since I don’t actually like running; but, I want to run like this on holidays, I need to get started now so I’m a pro by the time we leave.
This is a list of the things I have done to prepare and plan for my running regime.
- I’ve quit my job so I have no money to pay for a gym membership (not the main reason for quitting)
- I’ve started a Pinterest board of running and exercise inspirations
- I have a running plan
- I’ve been on ebay and bought some new running clothes
- I’ve been on ebay for a sweat band, found they were to expensive so I’ve decided to make my own out of old shirts
- I’ve been on ebay and bought an ipod arm holder
- I have earphones that hook on my ears so they won’t fall out while I’m running
- I have scoped out the surrounding area so I know where I want to run
- I made friends with runners – I hope the motivation will rub off
- Created my running play list:
- Beautiful people – Chris Brown
- Black & Gold – Sam Sparrow
- Burn it to the ground – Nickelback
- Drop Dead Gorgeous – Republica
- End over End – Foo Fighters
- Fake It – Seether
- Get Shaky – The Ian Carey Project
- Headstrong – Trapt
- Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me – U2
- I Gotta Feeling – Black eyed peas
- If I cant have you – Kelly Clarkson
- Just a Girl – No Doubt
- Lonely Boy – The Black Keys
- Promises – Nero
- Ready to go – Republica
- S.E.X – Nickelback
- S&M – Rihanna
- Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Sexy and I know It – LMFAO
- She wants more – N.E.R.D
- Undisclosed Desires – Muse
- When Love takes over – David Guetta
- With Every Heart Beat – Robyn
So now I’m at the point where I will actually need to start running. I’ve put it off long enough. Tomorrow is the day I go on my first run and you can hold me to that!